View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 2, 2009, 10:07 PM

Welcome to the Marrowforums!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation... I've read a lot about the mayo clinic & you're definately in great hands! My husband was diagnosed with Myleodysplastic Syndrome (MDS) recently (Feb 2009). First it came as a big shock to us... and it changed our life style drastically. I'm 46 yrs old and my husband is 65 yrs this month. He was a type "A" kind of guy.... always wanting to get done "yesterday" what he could have delayed until tomorrow, lol... seriously. But, he became so run down so suddenly, etc... and we've gone from working together Mon-Fri, then, jumping in the car or catching a flight to a little weekend get-away, etc.... Traveling is my husbands hobby.

So, we've slowed way way down. I'm okay with that, but, he became very very depressed... etc. But, yesterday Ron just started he's real treatment and already he's "Lifted Up".... I'm so glad... it's not the meds working yet.... but, his spirit.... he now "Believes there's Hope"... before... he didn't...

I'm so glad you've found this forum.. they are so loving and awesome! They are so warm and encouraging!!! They continue to lift me up daily! And, the members have provided me so much valuable information!!!

Again, Welcome! Cindy

Last edited by launch : Fri Apr 3, 2009 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Removed B-Day, not necessary :-)