View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 3, 2009, 02:29 PM

Return from local doctor

Well, we just got out of our local hematologist appointment and after consulting with our Mayo hematologist everyone is leaning towards ATG with cyclosporine and steriods again. We discussed Cytoxin, Campath, and bone marrow transplants but the doctors seem to think ATG is the way to go again,despite his complications from it last time. Maybe a lower dose of cyclosporine, why because it was so effective last time...I had to hear that he had a year of normal counts, which is not true considering he was not even diagnosed until April 2008. Even if the counts were stable, what about the complicaitons, the nausea, the dizziness, the fatigue, the sweating, his colon surgery, the AVN....I could go on and on and on because that is how I feel...like I am talking in a big circle...just like this disease. Why try ATG and if it does not work, why would he try Campath or Cytoxin, which the doctor claims are less effective? It just makes no sense to me whatsoever...Well, I guess there is no other choice but to go out to Rochester and see the doctor there and admit him to the hospital and start this circle all over again...