View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 14, 2010, 08:21 AM

hi, i also saw the contribution from alevoy18, that was made about a year ago.

My picture is exactly the same as alevoys and stilltireds. All cell counts hovering at the borderline level - RBC and WBC dropping under normal range from time to time. Its been like this for 10 years since taking some very toxic chinese medicine (lei gong teng).

Its because I have long suspected some kind of bone marrow problem that I asked for a reticulocyte count and it came back as 20.

Like you, I am concerned, and I find it really frustrating that my GP isn't more so. To me, its a system thats limping along....and how long can it do that for?

I also want a bone marrow biopsy, although I'm scared it might be painful, because I want to know as soon as poss, not when I'm bleeding from my nose, mouth and intestines, which is when my GP seems to think it would be time to intervene - they appear to do everything on the presentation of extreme symptoms.

Anyway, I have scoured the internet trying to find out information about how low a low reticulocyte count is. I mean how low can it go. How low does it go before the doc gets concerned. I've read of some very low numbers here....6....2.5...

I've also got these red-purplish spots - they're called petechiae and are pin point haemorrages and are a symptom of aplastic anemia which i think is what i've got.

i'm 45, and i'm really scared that i'm going to go under within 5-10 years.