Thread: MDS to AML
View Single Post
Old Sat Jun 16, 2007, 01:32 AM
Administrator

Loretta V. Update

On Monday, June 11, I received the following message from Loretta. I think she meant to send it to the forum but she is apparently unable to do so at this time. I am taking the liberty of sharing her message with all of you. --Ruth Cuadra

Quote:
On June 1, I decided I had had enough chemo and just wanted to go home. A couple of wks before my cvc line became infected, so they pulled it out and started putting me on lots of antibiotics. My heart also started racing and they were having trouble calming it down.The MSR infection had started to grow aroung my heart valve. The chemo was not affecting my leukemeia blasts. I was just tired, and missed home and family and friends.
On June 4th my daughter and I rode back to Hurst (Ft. Worth area.) I checked into local hospital for a couple of days and decided to come home with Hospice Care on Wed. I've been getting stronger and resting better ever since. My daughters and sister have been around the clock caregivers, and there has been a constant flow of family, neighbors and friend dropping by. I'm at peace with my decision, as is all my family.
progressed to AML 11/28/06