View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 10, 2011, 06:57 AM

It is Day +29! woo hoo!!!! We went to the doctor yesterday and everything went so well. I am getting such good news and I need to remember who to give my "thank you" to more often.

Blood counts are steady freddy - right where they should be. Dr. Nelson told us that on day 9 they did a bone marrow biopsy (for the study) and he had NEVER in his career seen one as good as mine. He said it was just like normal bone marrow! Any remaining cells of mine are probably "bossing" around my little brother's cells: Hurry up,,, look in there,,,, now look in here,,, there's a bad guy,,,, go go . LOL Tracy will get a kick of out that one!

I go to a pulminary doctor Monday as a check however I was at 100 saturation without any oxygen yesterday. Hopefully that is remedying itself.

I don't see Dr. Nelson again until next Friday. (The gap in the appointments are indicative of the good test results.)

Thank you all for the cards, lotions (wow do I need them - my skin has been sucked dry), yummy food, and mostly for the prayers. Throw in an extra prayer for Jim who has the challenging job of caring for our meals, home, me, keeping my 50 or so pills in organizers for me, etc. Good thing he loves me!

Blessings to you all and I'll write more later! Love, Lori
Lori, female age 53 dx MDS-RAEB-II 15% blasts 10-2010. Induc Chemo 10/14/10 for 7 days - results unacceptable so 5 additional days chemo. Complete Remission 12/10/10!! SCT 1-11-11 remission achieved!!! BMB 1-29-11 100% Donor! cgvh eyes,skin (Caringbridge.org/visit/loripatrick)