View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 15, 2010, 07:08 AM

Barbara,
I did the Campath Trial in March of 2010. My only adverse reactions were the rigors you describe. Otherwise, I tolerated it OK. It took me a while for my counts to come up. It took almost 6 months. I got impatient towards the end and had 4 injections of Aranesp to help the red counts, but in retrospect, I think they would have come up by themselves. I havent' had any growth factors since Oct. 09 and no transfusions since June of 09.
I also take Valtrex and Pentamidine as my CD4 counts have remained low.
At my 1 year follow up, which was March 2010, they said blood was OK, but my thyroid got screwed up due to the Campath, so now I am on thyroid meds. Is our thyroid OK?
My cytogenics were normal. My counts are all still below normal, but my body has adjusted and I function pretty normally at these levels. (hemo usually around 8.5, but now is 9.6..... curisous to see where this is going...- plt have responded very well and now around 100 , from 40-50, and wbc around 2.3.
I'm glad my lycocytes remain low, as that is what was supressed. My ANC is good enough not to need the Cipro.
Would love to hear back from you.
Lisa
lzieske@verizon.net