View Single Post
Old Sat May 11, 2013, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
I hope they get it under control. I had that too but not as bad and it was treated with prednisone. I do not like prednisone, it has some nasty side effects...
Thanks cam, as strange as it may seem, the effects he gets from his cyclosporine and steroids have become secondary to what he is going through. Nobody could ever have prepared us for this dose of GVHD.

He describes to like when we were in Croatia a couple of years ago, unsuspectingly we drove into a tunnel. The tunnel went on and on like it was never going to end. Eventually six kilometres later we reached the other end.

Lets hope this is the case. The doctors can tell us very little because everyone responds differently and there are so many variables.

Paul has committed to a trial of MSC (something like mescal stromal cells) he has now had two doses - google it.

As far as consultants go, you name it they are in and out of his room day in day out.

Hope your recovery is improving cam. Just like Paul you have shown so much resolve to overcome the odds.

Thanks Cheryl and scarlet. Scarlet when an otherwise healthy person (MDS aside) is give an opportunity to extend there life, it is human nature to clutch at it with both hands - as I said to Cam nobody could have prepared us for this.

I must add in all this Paul's blood counts are incredibly good. So good they never even get a mention. The new cells are certainly doing there job, just too well!
Sandi, partner of Paul 62, diagnosed MDS Intermediate 2; July 2012. Pancytopenia, Cytogenetics -7 +8 Chromosomes. Low Blast cell count. Currently on EPO & G-CSF and having great response. MUD found will be admitted to Royal Perth Hospital 27 March 2013 to start SCT process.