View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 9, 2014, 08:45 PM

Hi, MDS perth

Its been a while since your last post and I really am curious as to how Paul is doing ? My younger brother diagnosed with severe acute gvhd after BMT. My sister was the doner and was a very good match. My brother aged 30. They've realesed him from hospital I think on +16 day and he was back 4 days after with skin rashes and later diagnoised with severe gvhd. (September 16th, 2012). He had severe dhiarria and had his guts infected and burnt. He had temp. More than 40 for a week and developed infections. CMV and a few more. They gave him the standard treatment and when there was no response and drug for 4 days. This drug could only be given 4 times. He showed improvement after this second drug for a week and then everything started going bad. Really bad. He had kidney problems and his liver was not working properly either all due to drugs. All medications was stopped on 18.12.2012 and he passed away on 20.12.2012

This is one terrible disease both for the patiante and people around them. He had the treatment in Sydney. I am not sure if people are having better treatments with this in other countries. Its been 15 months since his death and I am still checking on internet with people with gvhd. I hope Paul had luck and is ok now.

All the best.
Mustafa