View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 22, 2011, 10:37 AM

health insurance denials

Hello Susan, There are many of us out here that can commiserate with you. I remember 2 years ago talking to an insurance representative on the phone and barely coming to tears because they had such a cold, hardened attitude. I was trying to get a charge for FISH analysis of my bone marrow approved. It had not been approved because the lab who did it put in the wrong code on the claim and I was being asked to pay for their mistake. I finally persisted after months and they stopped sending the bills. I know sometimes you feel like giving up but you have to be persistent in going up against insurance companies who deny payment for legitimate claims. I'm sorry I can't speak to the use of Gleevec in your situation. Anyway, I just wanted to mention that there will be a webinar sponsored by AAMDS this coming Wednesday at noon which will discuss MDS and Health Insurance. You can go to their website and sign up if you have the time. Good Luck and hang in there. tytd