View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 13, 2007, 06:39 PM

hi trish,

i too agree with connie. your son could do with some serious counselling. he has clearly been through such a lot and we all cope (or don't) in different ways. it's almost like he's sabotaging his hope for recovery simply because he has witnessed failure - perhaps too often. he's rebelling and who can blame him

through my son being diagnosed with VSAA and going through transplant - we met a few kids on that ward. the oldest on the "kids" ward was a young boy of 16. when we met him, he was going through his second BMT. over the next two years, he was heading for his third - the last chance really. he's been awfully ill - so, i couldn't believe it when i saw him outside the hospital in a wheelchair smoking a cigarette. also bragging about going out to concerts and drinking lots! i wondered why he would do such a thing to his body after his constant fight with leukemia.

if you haven't been through it yourself - you can only imagine what goes through their minds. but for sure, they need help. i'm no psychologist, but i can't help but think your sons behaviour is cry for help - maybe

all the best to you and your family.

gina xxx