View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 28, 2011, 02:32 PM

Neil/Marlene,

Thank you both so much for helping me with my questions lately, it helps me to be prepared for my appointment. I apologize if I sound like a broken record with questions, but it is nice to speak to others who have been in similar type situations and might know what to expect for testing needed.

Right now I'm on the boat of just wanting a BMB to ease my mind, so I can just drop it all together. My biggest concern is that I doubt my ABS retic count is just "normally" around 1-10 range or my retic % is just normal at 0.17% - 0.3%. I understand some people are different and a reference range is not for everyone, but I just can't see it being normal for such low numbers. I understand the fact that Retic count likely doesn't matter if your red blood cell counts are not too low, but I would think it would be an indicator that something may surface in the future.

I think I will go into the appointment with the main question of what is the harm/benefit of doing a BMB and see how she responds. From there I will see how she explains why my so called normal retic at the 15 range is now hovering much lower with all my counts spiking down with it. I know my counts recovered a bit, but who is to say that is always going to happen. I'm not really the worrying type, I think I am just sick of it being in the back of my head over the last year with no answers and with it getting worse, I am eager to find some.

Thanks again for the help you guys. Just out of curiosity, do you know if an extremely low retic count can be normal for somebody if their RBC/HB/HCT stays in at reasonable level or is most likely always going to point to something in the future? Thanks a lot.