View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 30, 2014, 11:11 AM

Appreciate your comments and opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiemag View Post
Data, I tend to agree with Bailie on this, sorry! Plus I suspect that the replacement doc said to monitor counts for a while b/c they didn't want to make the decision on which treatment, leaving that for your doctor away on an emergency. Doctors don't want to step on each other's toes. Additionally, I think the trend today leans toward treating earlier. Just my opinion!
Mags

Maggiemag and Bailie,
I appreciate both of your opinions and comments. I really wish I had seen my regular doc. I have a lot more confidence in her. I obviously don't know much about this but I am learning as much as I can. I think my wife would definitely agree with you on treating early. I am not sure what they would treat right now though. I don't think either my RBCs or WBCs are low enough to treat at this time. From what I have read they don't typically give blood this early for fear of "sensitizing" the patient to foreign blood. I would be curious to know if anyone else has been in my situation (as far as blood counts and risk category) and what they did.

Thanks again!!

Data