Thread: hi
View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 7, 2007, 03:22 PM

hi

My name is Anne and I have been diagnosed as having RCMD June 2005. My white cells are the cells which are mainly affected(anc 0.2). I am 42 years old, I have a 15yr old Son called Chris and I live with my mother in Scotland. Both my siblings have been tested and are not a match for me.

In Scotland it is very difficult to find any information. I cannot find any books on MDS anywhere in the book shops. I have also tried different local libraries and they do not have any either. They advised that it I can source an isbn number of the indepth books I require they will source them for me. I previously contacted aa & Mds website and they sent me really useful inofrmation.

I have now recently found a GP who actually knows what MDS is. At my previous GP practice I found that I had to teach them. (Although, I do have a really good Haematology Consultant at the hospital).

This forum and all the posting hold a wealth of knowledge and experience and for that I am thankful.

Anne