Thread: hi
View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 8, 2007, 02:49 AM

Thank you

Thank you for your replies. I was a nurse for 15years(district nurse for 10) and although I had came across AML I have never came across MDS. I am finding it very difficult to believe that their is not very much literature on this. I have spoke to a couple of friends who are GPs' and they do not have any great knowledge. They did suggests few sites, however they are subscription sites to bigger institutions. Because there is no literature(other than cell structure)when I was recently diagnosed as having a Hypothyroid the I did not think there was a connection to Mds. However, I found the answer by accident when I was researching the web. I further had it confirm when speaking to the consultant, that Mds affects the pituitary gland - in turn effects the thyroid gland. This they cannot treat, as the treatment would lower my ANC count even futher than it already is. It would have been nice to read something, which could give a possible "heads up approach" to other parts of the body which may be effected. Zoe I will get the book you suggested on Amazon today.

Thanks

Anne