View Single Post
Old Mon May 31, 2010, 11:25 PM

"Moderate" vs. "Mild"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robi1Knobi View Post
My story is the same as yours...I went into have my daughter in 2001, and the cbc before I was to deliver was very low, hgb was 6, platelets 60K. I got epo for 3 months but it didn't help, then was followed by several different hematologists and had many bone marrow biopsies. My lab results all said hypocellular bone marrow or pancytopenia, until getting diagnosed with mild AA with TERC mutation in 2007. In 2009, it progressed to moderate, and I have had 2 blood transfusions. I am currently under Dr. Neal Youngs care, but am not a candidate for transplant, because of the TERC. If you want to talk or need support, feel free to message me. Sincerely, Linda
Linda,

I have a question for you... Why did they change your status to "Moderate" from what it was before, i.e. what is it that makes one "moderate" as opposed to "mild"?

Also, if you don't mind me asking... how are your counts these days? How slowly are they declining?

David M