View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 24, 2013, 04:40 PM

Hello, everyone! I haven't posted on my own thread for a while but wanted to when things started looking up! My son hasn't needed a platelet transfusion since 29 August. They've been above 30 for three weeks. For the last two weeks his reticulocyte % was in the 3s and today was almost 5%. It's been two weeks since his last blood transfusion and his hemoglobin is still above 8. He had a little metamyelocyte in his white blood cells, too. He also had nucleated red blood cells in his blood back in mid-August. So there appears to be a good left shift in his cells (http://www.pathologystudent.com/?p=318). His RDW, which sat at in the 12s for most of his illness, shot up to 17 last week and 19 this week, which, thanks to Kevin (KMac), I also read can be a sign of improvement. So things are on the up and up!

His ANC continues to swing wildly. It's gone from 400 to 800 to 1300 to 650 to 900, all over the last three weeks. His neutrophils are definitely trying to make a comeback, though. Twice they've hit above 40%, which is higher than when he was diagnosed.

I'll make sure to post whether things go up or down. I of course hope they continue to go up, up, up! Thanks for everything everyone's taught me on the board and for the hope you've given to me and my family!