View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 18, 2016, 07:21 AM

will explore

Thank you for the confidence to say "let's find out" instead of just saying - "it's my normal". God bless all --- healing to your wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Cuadra View Post
kemp31,

My wife was one of many patients who learned something was wrong (low blood counts) from a routine blood test at a routine physical. Looking back from that day, we realized that symptoms like fatigue had been building up, but we didn't know it was something serious.

It's true that some people live with lower-than-average blood counts, and do just fine. Your anemia seems to be giving you a few symptoms, but nothing critical. A low white count can make you more prone to infection, and some people feel "uggy" when their WBC is low, but that varies from person to person.

It's preliminary, at least based on what you've said, to guess what specifically is wrong. Maybe it's a bone marrow problem like MDS, or maybe it's a vitamin deficiency. If it was me, I'd want to learn more about what's wrong, rather than "watch and wait", because of the long-term downward trend, even though that means undergoing more tests.