View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 18, 2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezoth View Post
Yes, the first round failed - but we know why, sadly. I got the "transplant" dose of ATG, which is 1/10th of the aplastic anemia dose - so it was a medical error. This did not get caught until the workup for the second round of ATG, and there is a large change in procedures at Jefferson that is being spearheaded thanks to this mistake that should ensure it never happens to another person. The second round of ATG has affected me far more, in terms of general fatigue and complications, then the first round did - so I am cautiously hopeful that it is doing something.
Oh no that's terrible! I mean - I'm glad that you have a clear explanation for why it failed, but that was a MAJOR error. Are you able to do hATG again under these circumstances, or did they need to use a different strain?

Best of luck to you and I hope that you start to see results soon! You deserve a break after all that.

As for me, so far my platelets have stayed right above that threshold - they were as high as 45 in mid-March (woo-hoo!), but now are down to 24. Could be normal fluctuation, or it could be the start of a more permanent decline, but keeping my fingers crossed that I can stay above platelet transfusion levels between now and early June. Best of all, my ANC is being amazingly resilient and that is what allows us to be this flexible.