View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 2, 2006, 04:39 PM

cyclo withdrawal

Thanks all for your concern. I am feeling much better now. Must have been flu or something like it but we (my wife) was pretty worried. The one night i had fever and pretty radical shakes like I had while in the hospital getting my ATG. One time I had a violent reaction and had fever , shaking and breathlessness which lasted for 20 minutes or so. we were afraid something dire was happening. I had labs again last week and my counts were okay. Platelets had actually gone up to over 200,000. I had been on 700mg a day in the hospital reduced to 600 then 300 a couple years ago.
I'm praying that there is no relapse. I would sure hate to go thru that again. there never was a cause determined. I'm 4 years older now too ,60. Its ironic for me to get the flu now. all the time I was on the cyclosporine I seemed to get sick less than those around me. I am schedued for a flu shot this month.
diagnosed SAA Aug 2002. counts when diagnosed were very low. platelets 5000. WBC .2 ANC none detected pan cytopenia. neutopenia. treated with ATG and cyclosporin in September 2002. went back to work in Dec 2002. Mostly okay now but low energy level, tire easily