View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 25, 2017, 12:03 PM

Hello again!

I have another question for all of you. I just got results back from my CBC on Tuesday, and my counts are either the same or worse . My RBC/Hg was pretty much the same (although if they measured today it should be better of course because of the transfusion on Thursday), and my platelets have gone back down to 31 from 45 a week ago. In addition, my reticulocyte count is down to 56 from 75 (last measured about 3 weeks ago).

However, I am mostly concerned about my ANC, which was a bright spot in my previous testing. The first time it was measured on 2/23 it was a 2.5, and it held steady at about 2.0 for the next few weeks. But on Tuesday 3/21 it measured 1.4. While I'm still not in the real "danger" zone, I do not like this trend at all - and for the first time I started to get a bit scared.

I got these results late last night, so I don't know if my doctor has seen them yet. I'm usually super healthy, and right now don't have any signs of illness - is that really what I should be looking for? I am supposed to go to a big fundraising event tonight - is there any reason I should stay home? I do feel that while the transfusion did "cure" my worst anemia symptoms (no more palpitations & I'm not out of breath all the time, yay!), I'm still pretty exhausted and haven't had the energy boost I was expecting. I'm not due for another blood check until 4/4.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!