Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 19, 2012, 12:30 AM

Thumbs down MDSPerth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary4Mike View Post
Carol,
I posted on your other post. Just saw this and wanted to comment about what caused your MDS. I would guess the radiation for breast cancer, but one can never be sure. I agree with Scott that the doctors we have come across through this journey really don't seem that interested in the why. They don't really ask questions about past exposures, etc.
I hope you come away from Mayo with a few more answers to your questions. I hope they give you an access to contacting them. I guarantee that you will walk out and think of something you forgot to ask. New questions will be forthcoming all along the way. Just remember this forum and hopefully it will be a help to you.
Mary
I have been reading the forum for a while but today is my first post, and I am a relatively new carer around this insidious disease. My partner Paul (62) was diagnosed in July 2012 with (low) high risk MDS and is being treated in Perth, Western Australia. We too have found and discussed the lack of questions (with the exception to the generally quoted causes) relating to any past exposures quite strange. Where the treatment and approach cannot be faulted, one would have hoped that they might be more interested for the sake of reseach purposes.
Sandi, partner of Paul 62, diagnosed MDS Intermediate 2; July 2012. Pancytopenia, Cytogenetics -7 +8 Chromosomes. Low Blast cell count. Currently on EPO & G-CSF and having great response. MUD found will be admitted to Royal Perth Hospital 27 March 2013 to start SCT process.