View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 29, 2009, 09:05 PM

Stem Cell Transplant

Thanks so much for writing, Neil. I don't know who the donor would be. I have a brother who doesn't share any of the diseases I have as well as my father who is a very healthy and active 81. I do still continue to run, swim, and stay pretty active - except of course during treatment weeks and the week that follows. On those days, I just listen to my body and do what makes sense. I'm looking forward to my appoint on 7/9 to hear what my options are. I find it more difficult to work on treatment weeks as well as the week after. During these weeks, I seem to have no short-term memory which makes doing a good job at work a bit more of a struggle than it normally would be (I'm a teacher). Thanks to everyone on this formum for their support and expertise. I will, indeed, share what the doc says. My father is going to the appt with me to lend his support.
Kathy
Kathy, 47, diagnosed with MDS IPSS Intermediate Risk, Refractory Anemia and Thrombocytopenia both secondary to MDS. 8/06-treatments include 14 shots Vidaza monthly, aeranesp, neulasta when needed also have polycystic kidney disease