View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 17, 2006, 09:23 PM

Exjade approval was a big tease! Weep!

Hi All,

I kept holding off with this post because I kept thinking that we would make progress with this nightmare. But NO. After we got word that Grant had been approved to get the Exjade for a year, I kept waiting for the approval letter to arrive. Weeks went by and I kept calling... nothing. After many, many, many more calls, it turns out that someone at Blue Cross misinterpreted what someone else said and the "approval" was not for us to get the Exjade for our regular $35 copay, but instead the "approval" was for us to get it at the 50% copay of $2,114.95 for a 30 day supply. Right back to where we were in the beginning. ARRGGHH!!!!!!!!! So, I am back on the phone tag merry-go-round trying to get ahold of the Medical Director so that he/she can connect with Grant's hemo. It's all about our plan not having Exjade listed as a formulary drug.
I have been told that there are SOME Blue Cross plans that DO have it listed as a formulary drug. Anybody out there with Blue Cross that IS able to get Exjade for a reasonable copay?

Wendy/mom to grant- almost 15 yrs old
dx 12/4/98 AA