View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 2, 2015, 11:24 PM

Rachael, I am sorry that you are having so many issues. You didn't mention what exactly was wrong with your esophagus. It sounds like you might have had esophageal spasms, which I understand can be quite painful and mimic a heart attack. If it is reflux, that is very common, and I would bet not related to the Lenalidomide, which I have also been on in the past. The incidence increases as we age or are overweight or eat/drink the wrong things, or just because! Many, many drugs can cause gastrointestinal issues, but there is treatment out there that works. I've had reflux for ages, and take Protonix twice a day, and have zero symptoms.

As for your frequent infections, we have discussed in the past about some of us having low immunoglobulin levels. There are several that can be checked, IGG 1,2,3, if I remember correctly. IGG3 deficiency can cause sinus/upper respiratory infections I think. You could ask your heme to check for that.

It's great that the Lenalidomide has worked so well for you for so long. I developed significant hyperthyroidism the first time I was on it, then serious peripheral neuropathy the second time I was on it for 9 months, that meant I had to stop the drug permamently. Now on W/W for now.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Mags