View Single Post
Old Tue May 8, 2007, 04:10 PM

Exjade

Hi Friends,

I am sorry to hear so many people having difficulties and such large copays. It does get frustrating. I had the same problem when I was trying to get Procrit. They just wouldn't cover it, but with Exjade, my prescription plan covered the cost except for my copay. It took some coaxing and an exception was filed regarding their denial, but they decided to cover the costs.

There is a resource for people needing medications and can't afford the costs. I don't know much about this resource and have never used it, but they do have patient assistance programs. The site is www.needymeds.com. Exjade is listed in their brand name drugs and it lists companies who provide drugs free of charge to patients with limited financial resources. I hope this is of some help.

My Exjade comes out of Memphis TN, the Accredo Health Group. I have only been taking it for a couple of weeks, but so far, no side effects to speak of.
Tom, age 56, diagnosed with MDS RAEB Oct of 2006. Previously treated w/ vidaza, unsuccessfully. Revlimid successful 1 year. Progressed to AML 4/08 w/ 20% blasts, now in remission. BMT to take place 10/08.