View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 10, 2019, 11:41 PM

Dizziness anyone?

Hi all

About a week ago I had a terrible dizziness episode where I had to lie down with my eyes shut for an hour or more before I could start to focus normally. I felt nauseous and sweaty at the beginning. I gradually improved over about 3 hours to where I could get up and about again, but ever since I've felt a bit unwell. I'd never had an episode like that ever. I did often feel nauseous and sometimes a bit light headed when my blasts were at 10%.

Interestingly the next day I got a call from my GP surgery to say that I needed to see my haematologist because my ferritin is low. They sent my latest results through to him. However I got a message back from my haematologist that I didn't need to go any earlier than June, when my next appointment is.

I've started supplementing with Flurodix (iron) however am still feeling a bit unwell. Naturally I'm wondering if this episode has anything to do with my MDS. Have any of you had episodes like this?
Dx MDS RAEB 10% blasts + hypogammaglobulinemia, Sep 2011. Jan 2012 BMB - blasts down to 2% w/out treatment so BMT cancelled. Re-diagnosis RCMD. Watch and wait from Feb 2012. IVIg 5-weekly. New diagnosis Oct 2019 AML 23% blasts in marrow, 10% blasts in peripheral blood.