View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 8, 2013, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasgoyal View Post
Hi Teo,

His WBC & Platelets have been pretty stable throughout. Concern has always been the low hemoglobin. If i remember correct his last WBC was 4 and platelets 400000. Does your mom feel ok at the levels of around 7/8? Is she on iron chelation? Whats the doctor suggesting in your mom's case?

Vikas
Hi Vikas,
It is quite similar based on the platelet, WBC and HGB results. My mother BMT has Inadequate sample for interpretation, so no conclusive answer what kind of aneamia she has at the moment. So just supportive therapy and EPO.

For my mother, even with HGB on lowest 2 months back at 5.05, she is still feeling alright besides soreness of the legs. But as Birgitta-A mentioned, a very low HGB is bad for the heart and will decrease overall survival. Actually we are shock/worry at the time when we see 5.05 after her blood test as she doesnt complained at all and she gets her BT the day after .
Teo, son to Goh, age 71 dx mightbe MDS with low HB & RBC Jan 2012; FE 7755 on Nov 2014 - 6*500mg ferriprox; BT every month since Feb 2012; BMB done July 2013 - no conclusive evidence of MDS or PRCA; EPO stopped Nov 2013; Danazol 200mg*2 starts Nov 2013 + cyclosporine 25mg*4 starts June 2015

Last edited by teo : Fri Mar 8, 2013 at 05:37 AM.