A free one-day patient conference will be held in San Diego, CA on Saturday, September 17, 2016. The conference, hosted by the Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation
(AA&MDSIF), is one of seven one-day patient conferences
The conference is for AA, MDS, and PNH patients and their families, as well as medical professionals who care for these patients.
The conference will include parallel (simultaneous) sessions on AA, MDS, and PNH, sessions on transplants, clinical trials, health insurance, and decision-making, as well as professionally-facilitated support sessions with your peers.
Disease track sessions will be offered in Spanish at this conference and the conference in San Antonio.
Conference attendance is free. Breakfast and lunch are included. Discounted hotel rates are available to those who want to stay overnight. There will a Friday Night Social the evening before the conference.
Come hear the latest information about diagnosis, treatment, and medical research from leading experts, including these physicians:
- Dr. H. Joachim Deeg, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- Dr. Jason Gotlib, Stanford
- Dr. Gabrielle Meyers, Oregon Health & Science University
- Dr. Charles Parker, University of Utah
- Dr. Karl Steinberg, Coalition for Compassionate Care of California
Patients and family members will also be able to
- meet medical experts face-to-face
- hear about the latest treatments and medical research
- learn skills for managing life with a bone marrow failure disease
- have your questions answered
- learn how to be your own advocate for the best care
- get to know other patients and family members like yourselves
- attend professionally-facilitated support sessions
A special lunch program will let conference attendees meet and talk, with an emphasis on ways to stand up for your health.
AA&MDSIF Patient and Family Conference: Living with Aplastic Anemia, MDS, or PNH
Saturday, September 17, 2016, 8:30am to 4:30pm
Check-in begins at 7:30am.
DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego - Mission Valley (Google map)
7450 Hazard Center Drive, San Diego, CA 92108
Discounted hotel rates are available through Tuesday August 23, 2016.Hotel parking is $10. The hotel does not have an airport shuttle.
Phone: 800-222-8733 or 619-688-4018 (mention "AA&MDSIF Patient Family Conference")
Online Hotel Reservations
See other hotel information on the AA&MDSIF event page.
Use the online Conference Registration Form to register for the conference.
If you plan to attend this conference, post in this thread to let other attendees know to look for you!
No registration deadline has been set.
For more information see the AA&MDSIF event page.
After the conference, let us know what you thought of the event.