View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 28, 2008, 03:35 AM

Unhappy Neupogen/Neulasta - BC of Idaho Maxed RX Benefit :(

I have exhausted all means of finding financing to cover the cost of this expensive injection drug. Our daughter requires daily injections of neupogen or weekly injections of neulasta which is even more costly. This drug is just one in her immunosuppressive drug therapy, but it's the most costly. Blue Cross of Idaho has an annual $3000 maximum pharmacy benefit and they refuse to bill this injection drug under our major medical benefit (and we have already met our annual plan RX benefit.) We are yet to qualify for any state assistance and nor for any pharmaceutical company financial aid programs nor for any social security or local finance aid programs. I have had to quit my full time job to take care of our daughter full time and my husband's income is just above the annual wage incomes that are set for any financial aid programs. We are filing for bankruptcy this month and all of our credit cards are maxed. None of the Canada online drug companies sell Neulasta for less than $3500 per vial. Has anyone else run into this problem and if so, do you have any suggestions for us? The social worker at our daughter's hospital as well as the Dept of Health and Social Services as well as Blue Cross have been unable to suggest any other alternatives.