Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Practical Issues > General Health Issues
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Health Issues Diet and appetite, sleep and fatigue, pain management, exercise, etc.

Old Wed Feb 27, 2013, 11:43 AM

Pill reminder app - Pillboxie

I'm not sure where exactly to file this, but I've found the best pill reminder app, called Pillboxie. There were a bunch of similar apps on the App store but this one's got a really intuitive UI, and you can set the shape and colour of each pill, drag the pill into the times of day you need to take it, and the app reminds you with a sound. You then just tap the checkbox to show you've taken it.

You can have several different people on there, each with a different reminder sound, too.

I've been REALLY boring since I found it and I've bee showing everyone it! It costs 69p/99¢ but it's just fantastic. Best money I've spent in ages. Right now I'm on 9 different meds at 8 different times of day and this has just saved my sanity. I wish I'd had it 3 years ago when I came home from my transplant! Anyway, I've got zero affiliation with the app, but I felt I should recommend it here for others with iPhones or iPads.

Here's the US iTunes store link to download it
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)
Old Wed Feb 27, 2013, 12:59 PM
Owner

How handy!

Tip: If you have more than one iOS device using the same Apple ID, say an iPhone and an iPad, then you can buy the app once and use it on all of them.
Old Wed Feb 27, 2013, 01:59 PM

Yes, it downloaded the app to my iPhone and iPad for the same 69p. But the information isn't synced between them yet (the developers say that's in the next update) so for right now I don't really use it on my iPad since my iPhone's more likely to be with me all the time.
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)