Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Transplants
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Transplants Bone marrow and stem cell transplantation

Old Tue Aug 30, 2011, 03:05 AM

Going to Transplant and HAPPY!!!

Hi All! Nice to meet you. I am a new poster here. I have been coping with and learning from my Aplastic Anemia for seven months now. I am having my BMT in two and half weeks and I couldn't be happier! This is really a great step, and I am super confident and positive. I have no idea what will happen, but I've learned to take each day as it comes and I am sure I can handle whatever comes my way (bad or good). Before you all decide to come find me and punch me in the face for being so Pollyanna, I have to let you know that I wasn't always so happy. I fought tooth and nail when I was first diagnosed. I went through grief that rivals mourning a death in the family. However, now I'm in a really good place and I've got an awesome 10/10 match lined up!! This disease stinks, but I hope I can take away some valuable lessons from my struggles and let this help me be a better human being.
Old Tue Aug 30, 2011, 09:12 AM

Yippee!

Your post made me smile! You are so excited it's contagious!
Your positive attitude will surely serve you well! And being a fighter is why you are still here and will continue to be.....
Good luck with your transplant and be sure to keep us posted on your progress!
Cheri
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly
Old Tue Aug 30, 2011, 10:03 AM

Great to see such a positive attitude. Good luck as you go into transplant and keep that great outlook!
Linda, Al's wife, 75; dx MDS 5/2010; Vidaza 6/2010; ARRY614 & Sapacitabine clinical trials at Emory, no results, stopped 12/2011. Had BMB at NIH on 6/5/12, blasts 10-15% so he's not eligible for trial there. :eek Promacta trial, Tampa, blasts 25-30% 8/17/12 AML, trying Dacogen now and praying.
Old Tue Aug 30, 2011, 04:30 PM

Absolutely its the positive mental attitude which will get you through. i have just had a 2nd bmb to see if anything has happened at all after receiving rabbit in Feb. my neuts are 1.2 and whites nearly 2 but other counts are not really good enough. On one hand they are talking about bmt for me but i am 51 and already am on exjade for the iron overload, although of course due to the above bug busting cells I have not had so much as a cold for 5 years!!! go figure? anyway I think i may push for a 2nd dose of the wabbit because i am fairly sure that something has worked because i feel great, i dont get tired, if you saw me you wouldnt say i was ill at all, just the red dots appearing every fortnight gives it away.
I wish you all the luck in the world and do keep us posted, its inspirational xxxx