Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Drugs and Drug Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs and Drug Treatments ATG, Cyclosporine, Revlimid, Vidaza, Dacogen, ...

Old Tue Aug 15, 2006, 05:15 PM

Revlimid with Exjade

My question: Is anyone using both of these meds at the same time and have they had any reactions to them.

I started Exjade in March of this year and added Revlimid in May of 2005. My platelets were normal before Exjade was added, now I have severe thrombocytopenia.

Thank you.
CinJo
Old Wed Aug 16, 2006, 10:20 AM

Hi CinJo

I started Exjade in February. The only med I was taking for my RARS-MDS. In June, my ONC noted my WBCs decreasing. She took me off to the Exjade and my WBCs returned to what is normal for me. Lowering WBCs is not listed as a side effect for Exjade, but have heard at least one other MDS patient on another forum had the same problem.

Just an FYI,
--cheryl
Old Wed Aug 16, 2006, 12:29 PM

You might try contacting the companies that manufacture the drugs. They are required to maintain databases of these reports and may have some information for you.
Old Tue Sep 26, 2006, 02:17 AM

Angry EXJADE rash

My wife has been taking EXJADE for 3 weeks and has just had a reaction. She has a rash over most of her body, a severe rash. She stopped taking the EXJADE and has been treated for the rash using Benadryl, EPI, steroids and Pepcid. I would like to ask if anyone knows how long we can expect the rash to remain.
Old Sun Nov 26, 2006, 06:02 PM

Revlimid with Exjade

I started with Exjade in March and Revlimid in May. I was only able to take Revlimid (Revl) at 10mg for 10 days when platelets and WBC's lowered to the point where I needed Neupogen and Platelet transfusion. I was off Revl until my counts became acceptable in July and used Revl at 5 Mg for 20 days when the counts were again too low. At that point my hemo and I stopped Revl and Exjade. I was able to start Revl 7 days later (5 mg every other day in early August) as the counts became acceptable again and I stayed on it this time. My Hgb is 11.7; whites at 3.6 and the platelets are holding at 59. I haven't had a tx since early August. Before I started Exjade my platelets were normal and my whites were 3. I noticed that those two counts were slowly decreasing and not recouping when I had transfusions as they did previously prior to starting Exjade. Revlimid without Exjade has been successful for me.