Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Alternative Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Alternative Treatments Complementary and alternative medicine; natural and holistic approaches

Old Wed Jan 15, 2014, 04:08 PM

Question Intravenous vitamin c and ozone??

I have had aa for a bit less than 2 year's went through the atg and am on cyclosporine. My numbers are slipping and I'm seeking to try alternative medicine. I have started to get vitamin c iv's and I'm going to start ozone treatments. My naturopath says he has cured anemia this way. Has anyone received either one of these? Are there any other good treatments or things I can do? I order shark liver oil and have some papaya leaf tea coming. Just wondering what else is working? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ccounts 1/12/14 plts 60 hematocrit 32 nutrophil 2
Old Thu Jan 16, 2014, 06:34 AM

Hi, you might get some ideas from reading Marla's blog, I have adopted many of her strategies and my counts have been stable with the RBC/HBG up from where it was 5 yrs ago. I have not tried Vitamin c or ozone. Marla's blog is archived at http://goatrevolution.com/marlakins/

Last edited by tom30 : Thu Jan 16, 2014 at 07:08 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Thu Jan 16, 2014, 10:23 AM

I cannot recall anyone using them. I've read about both years ago and thought it had potential so I would be interested to see how it goes for you. John had the Meyers cocktail once and he said he felt pretty good after it.

Also, be sure you're getting the proper bio-active vitamin D support, vitamins d3 and K2, the minerals copper and zinc.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.
Old Fri Jan 17, 2014, 06:00 AM

There is an interesting and fairly recent paper on intravenous Vitamin C, which also mentions AML and MDS. I've attached it.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Vitamin C study.pdf (220.3 KB, 22 views)
Dx MDS RAEB 10% blasts + hypogammaglobulinemia, Sep 2011. Jan 2012 BMB - blasts down to 2% w/out treatment so BMT cancelled. Re-diagnosis RCMD. Watch and wait from Feb 2012. IVIg 5-weekly. New diagnosis Oct 2019 AML 23% blasts in marrow, 10% blasts in peripheral blood.
Old Fri Jan 17, 2014, 08:10 AM

Also, a few years ago Life Extension had an article on Green Tea Extract, Blueberry extract, carnosine and Vit D3 that has show potential in helping stem cells/bone marrow. I cannot find the original article but this one also mentions it.

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2007/...0bone%20marrow
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.
Old Fri Jan 17, 2014, 01:36 PM

Thank you!

That is an interesting article and Marlas blog is full of useful info! I wish mainstream medicine and Dr's would accept this but I guess the fda and most hospitals don't profit from healthy people. They want to stop the symptoms not the cause of the symptoms. That's like stopping smoke from the fire but just leaving the fire. Well thank you all for the info! I have received 2 intravenous vit c treatments. I feel extremely good for a few days after then the symptoms return but they are less mild. I look forward to my ozone treatments which will commence Friday the 24 th. I will continue to inform you all of my progress.