Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Announcements What's new at Marrowforums

Old Mon Aug 1, 2016, 12:08 PM
Marrowforums.org

Marrowforums Tenth Anniversary!

Name:  banner2016.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  58.5 KB

Marrowforums is proud to announce its tenth anniversary today, August 1, 2016.

Marrowforums was launched on August 1, 2006. The purpose of the website, then and now, is to let bone marrow failure disease patients and family members support each other with discussions, stories, questions, answers, suggestions, and personal advice.

At Marrowforums you can find disease information, help with terminology, links to resources, self-help tools, and of course our discussion forums.

We focus on the rare diseases of aplastic anemia, myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS), paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), and related diseases such as pure red cell aplasia (PRCA). While treatment of these diseases has advanced each year since we started, they are still not preventable or curable without bone marrow or stem cell transplants. The need for patient support continues.

We serve visitors and forum members from all over the world. Most are in the United States, the U.K., Canada, India, and Australia since we're an English-based forum. We've helped many people help each other, and we hope we can help you too.

How we've grown

When we started out in 2006, a few forum members began exchanging messages. The forums were visited by a few hundred people every month.

Now, in 2016, thousands of forum members have collectively made tens of thousands of posts, and 10,000 to 20,000 people read the forums each month. Only visitors who want to post need to register as forum members, so patients can get information from the forums without signing up. If you want to ask a question, registration is simple.

Thank you!

We provide a meeting place, but the discussions are initiated and sustained by you, the patients and family members who share, offer advice, and support each other. Your participation is what makes the forums work. We're proud to have served this community and are committed to continuing our support for patients and families.

Feedback from forum members helps us. Please tell us what you've gotten out of Marrowforums and if the site has helped you.
Old Mon Aug 1, 2016, 07:44 PM

Congratulations Neil and Ruth,
What a great service you have done for so many people. I for one have gained so much knowledge and support over the years and it's all due to you.
Thank you so very much - you are both blessings to us all!
Congratulations and best wishes always,
Sally
Old Mon Aug 1, 2016, 08:38 PM

Thank you from Canada! This forum has been and continues to be such a great source of information and support! Few days go by without "checking in"....

Bravo and may we all see the day that a forum of this nature is no longer needed....
God bless everyone,
Annette
Old Mon Aug 1, 2016, 11:48 PM

Congratulations

Congratulations,
Wish you and all of you a very good healthy life.
No doubt your work in the form of this forum is a great platform for all our patient community I have seen so far.
The almighty bless all of you.
I would also like to wish a very healthy life for all those who are actualy patients but they always write and give their suggestions on the forum and minimizes the stress of the patients, creates hopes. For me this is a great.
Old Tue Aug 2, 2016, 01:56 AM

Thank you Neil and Ruth for all the work you do to keep this forum going. I've been visiting for nearly 5 years now and the support and "friendships" from fellow MDS'ers are invaluable.
Dx MDS RAEB 10% blasts + hypogammaglobulinemia, Sep 2011. Jan 2012 BMB - blasts down to 2% w/out treatment so BMT cancelled. Re-diagnosis RCMD. Watch and wait from Feb 2012. IVIg 5-weekly. New diagnosis Oct 2019 AML 23% blasts in marrow, 10% blasts in peripheral blood.
Old Tue Aug 2, 2016, 09:40 AM

Thank you

Hi I am a new memeber well about 7 wks now and Just want to say thank you for help and advice so far. Each day is different finding it all quite hard as I have no family here in spain where I live and my job was like a family to me it was always a pleasure to go to work. I have been to my general doc today and still no signs of me working,the tiredness and headaches seem to be a big problem for me and in my head I wake in the morning and say "Well today I will be strong and have more energy" but doesnt work that way. Back for results of 2 nd biopsy on friday and maybe ciclosproine,eltromobag will have some effect fingers crossed. Keen to hear peoples stories and make some friends, have a good day! Sarah x
Old Wed Aug 3, 2016, 08:48 AM

Thank you marrow forums it just helped me a lot...
Even When DR.'s had no idea what to do next when my mothers counts were critically low this forum helped me !
Sometime DR.'s become irresponsible..and lil ignorant

I don't know why do they do that!
Congratulations MARROWFORUM.