Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > MDS
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MDS Myelodysplastic syndromes

Old Wed Jun 27, 2012, 06:07 PM

Citizen of that other place: My MDS online art project.

Hi everyone

I've been creating an on-going photo essay of my experiences with MDS.

You can follow it here: http://citizenofthatotherplace.blogspot.com/

My goal is to create an artistic document of the rather bizzare experience of being a young adult going through MDS while still maintaining a fairly normal (i.e. quite hectic) life. It's the rather odd moments that creep into the day-to-day routine that give me pause (carrying a bag full of Neupogen shots on the bus home, having lunch...while also having a blood transfusion), so I've begun to photograph them.

I have been keeping it to myself as a personal project, but have decided to post it here for others to see and welcome you to visit it in the future as I will continue to update it. Hopefully at some point this artistic project can evolve into something that can raise awareness about this disease we all face. Any thoughts or advice are very welcome.

Cheers
Old Thu Jun 28, 2012, 01:40 AM
Owner

Thanks for letting us know, lacanada1.

I suggest that you post about it here too. It's a thread where we're trying to collect our members' blog links.

You can also put your blog link in your forum signature and/or the Home Page URL field in your user profile!
Old Thu Jun 28, 2012, 05:12 AM

Great idea, lacanada1. While some may be a bit hard to tell what's going on, I immediately responded to the Neupogen in the butter compartment. We could have taken a nearly identical photo a few years ago.

Have you thought about opening it up to other contributors?