Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > MDS
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MDS Myelodysplastic syndromes

Old Sun May 8, 2016, 08:15 PM

Neulasta and a question about supplements?

David had a NEULASTa injection on 4/22 and the afternoon of 4/23, he began having horrid leg bone pain....still has it, but a little less now.

Figured out the problem - NEULASTA was given same day as day 5 of Azacitidine! Should have been a two week break between. David crashed. Hct 20 and Hgb 6! 2 units of packed red cells and he is functioning again.

Also a curosity question? Has anyone with an MDS diagnosis taken Turmeric and Fucodian? Hear they are great supplements but fear they might be contraindicated with Azacitidine. Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks David and Beverly
Old Mon May 23, 2016, 09:23 AM

My husbands numbers improved with Folic Acid, B12, Cod Liver Oil and Vitamin C. I bought Tumeric, but he hasn't taken it yet, because I haven't had a chance to talk to the Bone Marrow doctor.

My husband is not on any chemo / MDS drugs. Just diabetes and cholesterol meds. I'm curious about Tumeric also.

I've read nothing but good about Hemp Oil (and/or Cannabis Oil). I'm planning on starting him on that as soon as pot is legal in Canada because I'm way too cute for jail
Old Fri Aug 19, 2016, 11:34 PM

Turmeric

I was taking turmeric for a couple of years because of its anti-inflammatory properties; recently read that it can promote estrogen production and stopped taking. The last thing I need is something else changing my hormones. I'm trying K2 and B12 to support the Red Line! Have now had 15 rounds of Vidaza following 3 yrs of Revlimid.