Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > AA
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AA Aplastic anemia

Old Sat Nov 9, 2013, 02:38 PM

You're doing really great Karenish! I also read that the slower it takes for the counts to raise the better.
Have you been on cyclosporin for 3 years? What is your current dosage? Did you have any side effects?

That is what I have been told, something to do with a slow rate of acceptance from a very angry immune system, being a slow come back seems a more acceptable term! lol - yes still on cyclo, i drink lots of water so dont have problems with the kidneys, although if i don't drink water they do suffer a wee bit (excuse the pun) - only side effects are...very itchy back! looks like excema after a shower, and itchs like mad. Hands feel really hot after being very cold, and if I stand for a long time I get tingles in the feet. Other than that no other side affects that i know of - i have weekly blood tests and they show fairly steady climb up albeit slow. i have 175mg twice a day, and doc says he will do a very very slow taper over at least a year - so wish me luck. I try not to get hung about blood counts as they make you stressed and i work in mental health and know the damage that our stress hormone cortisol can do. So basically i crack on with my life, I have two glasses of red wine a night, eat organic, drink lots and lots of water, and only use creams etc from Arbonne.