Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Practical Issues > General Health Issues
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Health Issues Diet and appetite, sleep and fatigue, pain management, exercise, etc.

Old Wed Nov 17, 2010, 10:23 AM

Crazy shoulder/arm muscle pain

I had this in the spring and went for PT...was feeling better last few months...all of a sudden, here it is again.
Can't fasten bra , putting on and removing jackets hard....movement limited....anyone experience this type of muscular/joint pain? Mid upper arm seems the worst., like where muscles meet or attach...thanks!
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly
Old Wed Nov 17, 2010, 02:35 PM

Cheri

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheri View Post
I had this in the spring and went for PT...was feeling better last few months...all of a sudden, here it is again.
Can't fasten bra , putting on and removing jackets hard....movement limited....anyone experience this type of muscular/joint pain? Mid upper arm seems the worst., like where muscles meet or attach...thanks!
Hi - I finished my third round of Vidaza and both my arms, up to my shoulder hurt. The pain came on suddenly. Feels like bone pain. Never had that before. Has to be the Vidaza. Its weird to say but sometimes it is a relief to hear someone else is experiencing the same problem. Let me know if your doc tells ya anything. I dont go for another treatment till the 29th.
Now have RAEB-2, Firbrosis 3+, blasts 18% peripheral, 10 - 14% blasts marrow, chromosomes now T 1:21, trisonomy 16 and 1.- Match found ---10/10 -couldn't believe when I heard - Tentative day is 1/09th!!!! Admit date changed to 11/12. WOW -
Old Wed Nov 17, 2010, 07:23 PM

And Neupogen sometimes has that effect too.
Catherine, wife of Bruce age 75; diagnosed 6/10/11 with macrocytic anemia, neutropenia and mild thrombocytopenia; BMB suggesting emerging MDS. Copper deficient. Currently receiving procrit and neuopogen injections weekly, B12 dermal cream and injections, Transfusions ~ 5 weeks.
Old Fri Nov 19, 2010, 01:41 PM

Cheri, I would check with an orthopedist before assuming it is related to MDS or medications. Of course it could be, and I can't speak to that, but I had adhesive capsulitis for a while, and what you're describing sounds a lot like that.
Old Thu Jun 9, 2011, 10:25 AM

Cheri,

Muscular and joint pain can be a side effect of Vidaza. I have some during treatment week but never severe. Do you get injections in your arms? My shots are all in my stomach.

Karen
Karen, age 62, dx MDS RAEB-2 1/8/10: pancytopenia WBC 2.7k/Hgb 7.4/Hct 22.1/Plt 19k; complex cytogenetics -3,del(5)(q14q33),-6,+8,+mar,17% blasts. MUD BMT Johns Hopkins 11/30/10. Dx tongue cancer 8/31/12. ok now. blog mausmarrow.com

Last edited by mausmish : Fri Jun 10, 2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Correct typo
Old Fri Jun 10, 2011, 04:03 PM

Talking arm muscle pain

Hi i'm currently on ciclosporin and have had exactly the pain you describe for the last six months following atg for SAA. Not done anything about it but today could not hold a knife in my hand and cut my food. If you find out anything can you post please. Many thanks and hope it gets better.