Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Marrowforums.org > Site Announcements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Announcements What's new at Marrowforums

Old Wed Jan 26, 2011, 12:50 PM
Marrowforums.org

New Member Profile: Alyse Booth

Marrowforums has redesigned the Member Profiles page with thumbnail pictures, profile summaries, and a scrollable display to accommodate an increasing number of profiles.

We've added a new Member Profile, for Alyse Booth (forum member alyse):
Name:  profile_Alyse.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  6.6 KB

Alyse Booth's Personal Profile
Alyse learned that she had aplastic anemia in 2008. She underwent ATG treatment but relapsed with severe aplastic anemia in May 2010. In August 2010 she participated in an NIH trial for Campath (alemtuzumab).

She documented her experiences at NIH and has generously agreed to share her story with the community at Marrowforums.

If you would like to comment on Alyse's profile, post in her Tell Your Story thread, where she's keeping us up-to-date on her treatment and condition.
Old Fri Jan 28, 2011, 06:36 PM

Alyse

Nice pic! I'll have to see how to update my profile one of these days. How are you doing? I missed my 12 week appt with my local dr., due to the snow storm. Will pick up my big lab reports next week.
Old Wed Jun 1, 2011, 05:59 PM

Red face Campath results

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for asking about me. You encouraged me to do the Campath trial for relapsed AA patients at NIH and I am eternally grateful I met you at the AAMDS Conference last July. As you know, I received Campath at NIH in August 2010.

I was transfusion dependent for a total of six months, pre-and post- treatment. The great news is that I have not had a transfusion in about six months. I am having blood work done every three or four weeks now. My most recent counts were: WBC 2.2; HGB 11.2; Platelets 65; and Neutrophils 1210. They were down a little from the time before but I am aware that counts fluctuate quite a bit.

I want to encourage any refractory or relapsed AA patients to consider the Campath trial. Dr. Phillip Scheinberg is the principal Investigator. You can find more information on the NIH website and you can read my story in the personal profiles section of Marrowforums.

Best,
Alyse
Old Wed Jun 1, 2011, 06:37 PM

Smile Alyse

We are survivors!! Hope that our much improved health lasts us for many, many years to come. Enjoy the summer