Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Practical Issues > Questions and Answers
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Questions and Answers Not sure where to post a question? Post it here.

Old Mon Feb 20, 2012, 07:19 AM

Here We Go/moffitt, Tampa

Good Morning:

Well, I guess my journy begins. Have my consultation at moffitt cancer center in Tampa on the 28th. Tried to get in with Dr. List, but he only sees patients on Wednesdays, can't get in with him until sometime in April, so I'm seeing Dr. Lancet. Not sure what to expect. I'm glad I'm getting started on this long hard road. This just brings it all to the top of my thoughts. Getting a little scared. This is going to be so hard. But I'm up for it. If anyone has any advice on what to ask at the consultation. Don't really know what to ask. Have gotten some info from the formums and the Moffitt Web Site. Looks really confusing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

God Bless\
Anneg
Old Tue Feb 21, 2012, 11:27 AM
Owner

Anne,

I expect that the consultation will start with a review of your medical history, focusing on your MDS and its treatment, and then a chance for you to ask questions. Although you might be tempted to tell them about experiences you've had (like that awful trip to the Emergency Room) or to ask about the decisions you and your doctors have made up until this point, remember that what matters is what you do from this point forward, so try to focus your questions on their evaluation of your response to Vidaza and what they'd recommend for you now and in the future depending on your further response to treatment.
Old Tue Feb 28, 2012, 02:55 AM

Anne,

Good luck at Moffitt. I have been a patient there for a coiple years and have always been satisfied with my care. The entire department is very competant and careing. As a fellow youngster with this afflication I can tell you that no questions are irrelavent. Write them down and don't be afraid to ask. Ask about lifestyle changes that may help you cope emotionally and phsicallly. I have a good team of Doctors here in Ormond Beach that keep good communication with Moffitt. It is comforting to know that my treatement is a collaboration between both teams.

Harvey, Age 45 DX 5/2010 Currently a mess with autoimmune complications but still able to work some and grafull for each day.