Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > AA
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AA Aplastic anemia

Old Sat Jun 4, 2011, 07:40 AM

Relapse while on Cyclosporine unheard of?

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know, I am probably being overly sensitive about one lower set of labs.

But, is it possible to have a relapse while on your standard dose of Cyclosporine with no attempt at a taper?

Ryan
Old Sat Jun 4, 2011, 10:41 AM

While it is not unheard of to relapse on cyclosporine, let me encourage you that a drop -- even a big one -- is not necessarily a relapse. When Shauna went back to school she was still on weekly blood draws and her first counts after she got back were a huge drop. Platelets went from 174 to 124, Hgb from 12.6 to 10.7. It took about a month but they eventually recovered. I wish I could say that I took it calmly in stride but I would be lying.

Hang in there and let us know how you are doing!
Old Mon Jul 18, 2011, 11:55 AM

My experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Jay View Post
Hi everyone,

Just to let you know, I am probably being overly sensitive about one lower set of labs.

But, is it possible to have a relapse while on your standard dose of Cyclosporine with no attempt at a taper?

Ryan
I'm keeping records and graphs of my husband values and comparing them after 1st and 2nd ATG.
We assist a drop in his values by the 6th month - we have no idea why but it happened.

As the person above me told, it can happen and not beeing a relapse - indeed it happens to everyone.

Wishing you all the best.