Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Transplants
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Transplants Bone marrow and stem cell transplantation

Old Sat Oct 5, 2013, 07:07 PM

Day -5/-4

Well because the placing of the port was so eventful my husband started chemo a day late. It's ok though Bc hes due to transplant on time this Thursday bc his Donor cells are arriving so late Wednesday.
His schedule is
-6 cytoxan
-5 cytoxan
-4 cytoxan campath
-3 cytoxan, campath
-2 TBI, campath, prograf starts
-1 campath
0 transplant

So far he is tolerating the chemo well and it just makes him act a little funny (like literally he's cracking us both up)
We have a little cooler full of a Fun mix of 8 oz sodas, Gatorade, water, ensure... Nurses like that bc they want him drinking a lot.
Good time of year for buying candy. The chemo and other IV drips put a funny taste in his mouth (and dry it out) so a mix of fruit flavored candies and mints has helped a lot.
Trying to keep it fun by picking up food from places we haven't eaten befor in Houston. Since he will not be able to taste for a bit or may not be hungry figured we'd splurge now
His WBC count went down 1 point after chemo yesterday but was back up almost 2 points this morning.... Is that weird? Nurses said that's normal until the chemo really starts working.
Heather, wife of Ronald 36; dx PNH 2012; Dx VSAA 2013; eculizumab(Solaris) hATG 2/20/13 cyclosporine 400 mg daily. 37 units RBC and 15 units of platelets. Post BMT -pentam,vorconizole,valtrex, valcyte, actigall, Pepcid , prograf, magnesium.
10/10 MUD 10/10/13
Now no PNH or AA. Mixed Chimerisim
Old Sat Oct 5, 2013, 07:19 PM

Heather,

Good to hear that your husband is tolerating things well. We all appreciate those good days.

Doug's white counts bounced around a bit also. Today they were down to .4 which is the direction they want them to go. He did have to have more platelets though, as the bump from yesterday was not that good.

He was getting Cytoxin today and was sleeping through it. I was very grateful as I know some people get nauseous.

Doug's transplant day is Oct. 8, so we are really close to doing this right together!

I am having trouble getting him to drink enough liquid. But that has ALWAYS been a problem with him. Today he did drink an Ensure and a full pitcher of water. He also had a Gingerale in anticipation of stomach upset.

Keep the good news coming!!!

Deb
Old Sat Oct 5, 2013, 11:10 PM

Wink Heather Deb

Glad things are going well for both - hand in there !!
Now have RAEB-2, Firbrosis 3+, blasts 18% peripheral, 10 - 14% blasts marrow, chromosomes now T 1:21, trisonomy 16 and 1.- Match found ---10/10 -couldn't believe when I heard - Tentative day is 1/09th!!!! Admit date changed to 11/12. WOW -