Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Drugs and Drug Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs and Drug Treatments ATG, Cyclosporine, Revlimid, Vidaza, Dacogen, ...

Old Wed Aug 26, 2015, 07:35 PM

Dacogen and Back Pain

I just started my 3rd round of Dacogen and am having lower back and bone pain. I spent last night trying to sleep in a recliner. The first 2 rounds I did not have any problems but this one is a different story. My hair is also thinning which started after the 1st round.

I was told to try Clariton for the bone pain.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for the bone pain?

Thanks
Old Thu Aug 27, 2015, 05:00 AM

I developed avascular necrosis in my hips and have been given oxycontinin which is doing a pretty good job of managing the bone and muscle pain. The real question might be has anything changed in your blood chemistries - how are your kidneys and liver doing now? Is the pain in the flanks of your body? Soreness in the kidney area could represent stress on your internal organs - could be an indication of vitamin or mineral imbalances, or something as simple as being dehydrated.
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.
Old Thu Aug 27, 2015, 06:30 PM

Thanks Dan,
They gave me a muscle relaxer to see if that works for now. I'm hoping to sleep tonight. I can't take Motrin because my platelets are low. My insurance co. won't approve Exjade because of my low platelets. They have been testing Ferriton levels which are around 3400. So far there are no problems with my kidneys or liver.