Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Transplants
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Transplants Bone marrow and stem cell transplantation

Old Tue Nov 3, 2009, 01:51 PM

Great on the counts. I am not sure what Prednol is. But that is right, I forgot about that, GVHD can lower counts so increasing immunosuppressive can help with that. My mistake, sorry!

Laura
Old Wed Nov 4, 2009, 06:46 AM

Thank you Vera and Laura.

Prednol is corticosteroid.
I think you are right Laura.My doctor also said that he raised to doses of 150 to 250 of Immunosuppressive.Prednol doses have to be decreased of side effects.

Serkan,
Old Fri Dec 18, 2009, 10:12 AM

updated counts

So my blood chimerism and bone marrow aspiration chimerism are both %100 donor cell.But my bone marrow biopsy shows that it only works %5.so why all my counts still down and raise enough.my doctor will give me donor lenfosit cell tomorrow.Have you any idea why my bone marrow still so low after 155 day?
Old Sun Dec 20, 2009, 09:36 PM

Serkan,

I am not sure?!?! My last BMB showed me only at 5% too. It is a mystery.

So glad to hear you are 100 percent donor cells though!

What is Lefnosit?

Is that more donor cells?

Laura
Old Mon Dec 21, 2009, 07:35 AM

Hello Laura,

My doctor gave me more donor cells but minimum dose(10 mg) last saturday to increase bm working enough.But it has risks for gvh.they will watch 2-3 months to see what is going on.
Old Mon Dec 21, 2009, 01:48 PM

Yes, more donor cells has a high risk of gvhd. I will be praying you don't get any! I hope this works and your counts increase. I am assuming the cells were from your mom again?

Laura
Old Tue Dec 22, 2009, 03:44 AM

Hl Laura,
we got more cells to my mother when transplant started six month ago and the hospital keep donor cells 2 years.i hope no need to use this cells anymore and wish bone marrow starts normally work.l also wonder what dld your doctor says to you about %5 bone marrow working
Old Tue Dec 22, 2009, 08:57 PM

He didn't have much of an explanation for it either.
Laura
Old Sun Jan 31, 2010, 04:42 AM

Last update

Hi All,

Still counts at low side.
Last thursday counts has measured and my hmg 9,4.but HCT is 17.The doctor look at me and these counts are not true.He looks diabetes and something about other organs.Some of friends of this site knew,i have complaints about leg and arm muscles last days.My muscles are so weak.I am at hospital for three days to decreased diabets level.
For three days i can not walk but i tried to walk.i take pain killer and tried to walk again at hospital room.
i can not understand diabet (type 2 diabets)how can be easily change to negative.

Serkan.
Old Sun Jan 31, 2010, 10:16 PM

Serkan,
Is the diabetes from the steroids? Sorry to hear the latest.
Laura
Old Mon Feb 1, 2010, 03:28 AM

They told me that the immune suppressants can cause diabetes and I am sure that includes steroids . I was tested for it but it came back negative. I had my 5th BMB Monday and I am anxious to see the results. Almost every one of my meds say that they can cause muscle weakness. My legs are better but my stomach muscles, hips and lower back are killing me, I paid a visit to my primary care doc and we talked about pain relievers. I am allergic to all nsaids, they don't really want me to take Tylenol products, they recently gave me Oxycontin and it is a nightmare. It makes me feei like I am bouncing off the walls and the pain stays, My primary care doc gave me stronger vicadin so I only need 2 and the acetaminophen is under 1000 and 3 half muscle relaxers. It worked great I feel the best I have felt yet! But I hurt myself again , It doesn't take much. My liver enzymes are still slowly edging up. If it keeps going he said he will put me on cellcep but he is thrilled with my progress and said I was very fortunate to have GVH at the level I do and that it will help protect me from the bad cells ever coming back, my counts are pretty stable, Here is what they were last week.
WBC4.5...RBC 3.89...hemoglobin13.6...Hemocret 39.1%...Plates,,,144...nuets 2.98...lymphs ,88 ( THIS IS MY LOWEST READING) i AM USUALLY ABOUT 1.06. hOPE YOUR MUSCLES WILL GET BETTER FOR YOULove Vera
Vera, 56 yo female Dx RAEB II 10-08, 11-12% blasts. Normal chromosomes. Started Vidaza 10-08. . Improved Dx 3-09 MDS RA 2% blasts 8 cycles Vidaza! SCT transplant 7-1-09 at UCSF. Normal bone marrow and MDS free as of 10-09
Old Mon Feb 1, 2010, 07:30 AM

Hello,

i am still at hospital.Medications got worked they decreased prednol level daily to 32 mg to 24 mg. and fırst day they gave me many liquids to decreased anormal counts.Now four days they used insulin shots for stable to insulin counts.For two days i can walk again at hospital room, but still i dont know how can i go to home with walking.May be tomorrow i feel myself much more stronger.Pain killers got worked now.

Do you get your counts today Vera?

Laura, doctors thougt that it may be prednol.But i dont undertsand how can not it seen by me and doctors.i went hospital with car and i drove it.i am waiting at hospital 3-or 4 hours.At the end doctor said i am at coma.Thanks GOD protected me before and still protect.
Old Tue Feb 2, 2010, 01:49 AM

fhose counts were from Monday the 24th. Next test next Monday
Vera, 56 yo female Dx RAEB II 10-08, 11-12% blasts. Normal chromosomes. Started Vidaza 10-08. . Improved Dx 3-09 MDS RA 2% blasts 8 cycles Vidaza! SCT transplant 7-1-09 at UCSF. Normal bone marrow and MDS free as of 10-09
Old Mon Feb 8, 2010, 03:20 AM

Yes my friends,

Diabetes make muscles weak.And if my diabete counts come to normal counts,i can walk easily except stairs.Now medications start,it will come to normal.All these diabet procedure decreased my blood counts easily.i took three package of red blood.i did not get red blood for 1 month before the diabet.

My doctor decreased my prednol level 32 mg to 16 mg.i knew if my prednol level decrease under 28 mg,my plt and wbc may decrease slowly.Because of this my Hemo gave me a little bit Donor lenfosit this saturday.

We are still waiting of the changing of blood type.if it change,it may be more easy for health.May be it will effect the bone marrow working positively.Last controls my bone marrow work with % 5.
Old Mon Feb 8, 2010, 02:25 PM

Serkan,
Sorry to hear the troubles you are having. Your labs are still low? Are they going to do another boost for you? Best wishes.
Laura
Old Tue Feb 9, 2010, 02:33 AM

Laura,

Labs are still so low.Wait and see procedure start.i took donor lenfosit this saturday.

Today is my first year anniversary with SAA.i went to hospital and doctor looked my labs.He said your plt score was 2k.Time stopped at the moment for me.Now i am waiting time to start again.
Old Tue Feb 9, 2010, 07:00 AM

Hi Serkan.

I know how you feel about the diagnosis anniversary - I had mine a few months ago. But even with your current hiccups, surely you're doing better now, and with a more hopeful outlook on the future than you were this time last year?

Hopefully these new cells from the donor will be just the boost you need.
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)
Old Tue Feb 9, 2010, 10:46 AM

Hi Melissa,

I am waiting my donor(my mom is my donor.And her stem cell is coy) to boost.I read stories and positive change start suddenly.
Old Wed Feb 17, 2010, 03:17 AM

hi all,
is anyone know second transplant procedure?my doctor said to me you still get red blood and we will wait and see couple of months if nothing is change we have to think second transplant.this transpant is one day chemo than transplant and 15 day hospital.
Old Sun Apr 11, 2010, 03:12 PM

Hi Serkan.

We haven't heard from you in a while and I was just wondering how you were doing. Has the second set of cells from your mother helped things at all?
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)
Old Mon Apr 12, 2010, 12:23 PM

Hi,

My last counts(21 days ago) plt:50 K,wbc:4(around).Blood transfusion is stil 3 package in a month.Still my blood group,not donor.
My hemo said we have to watch and wait.Nothing to do now.
i started to work part time.3-4 days at week.Only four hours at the office.
Old Tue Apr 13, 2010, 07:27 AM

oh that's great to hear you're back at work, I found it to be such a relief to think about things that weren't about being sick. It's a lot of effort but a nice distraction.

I'm sorry to hear you're still on transfusions, but your WBC look great at least!
Old Fri May 14, 2010, 05:22 AM

Today is 300.day

Hi Everyone,

Today is 300.day and Our mini transplant team knows that my blood counts are very low.Yesterday was my appointment day with my transplant doctor.
He said that at the end of 10 month your donor stem cell beat you,and your blood type is going to change with your donor blood type.My last red blood count (hemo) is 9,3.My last transfusion is at 15 april.Apx 1 month.

Sometimes i have bad feelings about not changing my blood type and low counts.But hope and believing God keep me strong.Now i feel something change at positive side...
Old Fri May 14, 2010, 06:01 AM

Hi Serkan.

Thanks for checking in, I was thinking about you. Try not to think about the bad side of things or what might happen. It's really hard, I know, but sometimes you need other people to step back and point out how far you've come and how great you're doing. All you can do is take each day as it comes, and don't beat yourself up if you have a bad day. Each of us is on our own separate journey, and it's not a competition or a race.

melissa
Old Fri Jul 16, 2010, 05:02 AM

Thumbs up 1 year from post transplant

Yes dear friends,

Last year at this moments my blood counts are very low.I remember my wbc is 0,1 and my neut. is 0,03.My plt is 5k and my hemoglobin is 5,5 before the chemo.Now my counts is not normal still but it is hopeful for me.
My plt is 80
My hemo:12,4
My wbc:2,01

Thank God for this counts.

Thank this site and mini transplant team for the support.