Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > MDS
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MDS Myelodysplastic syndromes

Old Fri Aug 24, 2012, 02:18 PM

Trying so hard to be strong

I just received this email from my son which said:

"I started reading Zig Ziglar’s book this morning and this paragraph popped out in his Foreword:

My deepest gratitude is for the One who has directed
my life since July 4, 1972: my Lord and Savior, Jesus
Christ. Because of my relationship with Him, my mind
and heart are free of fear and worry, and I can look
forward in excited anticipation for what is yet to come."
Zig Ziglar

I thought it was powerful and wanted to share it with my Forum Family who are Christians - well, actually I'd like to share it with all of you.
Of course it made me cry again - like I needed anything else to make me cry; right?

Peace to all,
Linda, Al's wife, 75; dx MDS 5/2010; Vidaza 6/2010; ARRY614 & Sapacitabine clinical trials at Emory, no results, stopped 12/2011. Had BMB at NIH on 6/5/12, blasts 10-15% so he's not eligible for trial there. :eek Promacta trial, Tampa, blasts 25-30% 8/17/12 AML, trying Dacogen now and praying.
Old Fri Aug 24, 2012, 02:41 PM

Hey Linda, I have to say, Zig Ziglar's quote is good but Al's yankees quote is WAY funnier.

Deb
Old Fri Aug 24, 2012, 03:25 PM

Earl

Dear Linda,
Very beautiful!
Kind regards
Birgitta-A
Old Fri Aug 24, 2012, 03:44 PM

Hehe. The Yankees quote was funny! I hope you both can draw comfort and strength in any way you can--from the company you share together, with friends and family, readings, etc. and of course this forum. I was so glad to read that your daughter came in from Colorado.

God bless and keep you all!
Old Fri Aug 24, 2012, 05:04 PM

Hi Linda and Al,

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful quote, Linda.

I agree with the other posters, Al's Yankee quote was so very funny! Did you tell him yet what he had said.

We are keeping you both in our prayers and thoughts!

Lots of hugs,

Patti and Dean
Dean,age 76, dx MDS, RAEB-2, 17% blasts, June 2012 - May 2013 - Dacogen with Neupogen and transfusions as needed. End of May 2013 Dacogen stopped working. BMB July 2013 shows RAEB-2 and severe Myelofibrosis. Passed away September 30, 2013
Old Fri Aug 24, 2012, 05:21 PM

Patti,

I did tell him. He said, no, I didn't. He doesn't remember any of it. I've told some of his friends that have called so he's going to be getting teased a lot! Hope Dean is feeling good. Haven't had much time to visit with my forum friends much this week, been kind of busy.
He and I have had some beautiful conversations which I am so thankful for. If someone had told me we would be able to talk about this, I would have said, I don't think so. But we have. And even though it's painful, it's something we had to do.
Still hoping for that miracle.
Have a good weekend and thanks for always being here for me. I feel like you and Dean are family, too.
Linda, Al's wife, 75; dx MDS 5/2010; Vidaza 6/2010; ARRY614 & Sapacitabine clinical trials at Emory, no results, stopped 12/2011. Had BMB at NIH on 6/5/12, blasts 10-15% so he's not eligible for trial there. :eek Promacta trial, Tampa, blasts 25-30% 8/17/12 AML, trying Dacogen now and praying.
Old Sat Aug 25, 2012, 08:08 AM

Good morning Linda,
That was a beautiful passage your son sent to you. He must be a very special young man which isn't surprising after "getting to know you".
I'm glad there are moments in this difficult situation that can make you laugh - what Al said was a classic.
Try and take care of yourself.
God Bless,
Sally
Old Tue Aug 28, 2012, 08:36 PM

Awesome passage!!!

Thank you!!
Kim daughter of Phil 76; Diagnosed 2011 with MDS, Refractory anemia with excessive blasts; Diagnosed 2012 with AML; Treated with Vidaza and Dacogen; Currently only being treated with blood transfusions
Old Sat Sep 1, 2012, 04:49 PM

Linda how are you guys doing hon? haven't seen anything from you in a few days and thinking about you and Al. many prayers for you both.