Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Marrowforums.org > Site Comments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Site Comments Questions and comments about Marrowforums

Old Tue Apr 22, 2014, 09:31 PM

Trouble posting

I do a post and then when I come to submit reply comes up with message saying you are not logged in. I've also been writing the post and must do something and it all disappears which is very frustrating. I think this is mainly on my IPad. Any help appreciated.
Old Tue Apr 22, 2014, 09:47 PM
Owner

Glenda,

The usual cause of this problem is that the forum system thinks you've left the site when it hasn't heard from you for over 20 minutes, so it automatically logs you out. (Even though you might be typing a post, the forum system doesn't hear from you until you click Preview Post or Submit Reply.)

The solution is to check the Remember Me? checkbox when you are logging into the forums. This tells the forum system that you shouldn't be auto-logged out. You can still log out by clicking the Log Out button.

The purpose of the auto-logout feature is to prevent someone else from using your Marrowforums account if you leave it logged it on a public computer. If it's your own personal computer then you don't want this feature, so check Remember Me? once and it should work the way you want from now on. If you are already logged in right now, click Log Out and then check Remember Me? as you log back in.

There are more details about this issue in a previous Site Comments thread.
Old Wed Apr 23, 2014, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenda H View Post
I do a post and then when I come to submit reply comes up with message saying you are not logged in. I've also been writing the post and must do something and it all disappears which is very frustrating. I think this is mainly on my IPad. Any help appreciated.
Hi Glenda,

If you log back in, everything that you typed will still be there. Just don't use the back arrows on your browser!