Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Community > Tell Your Story
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tell Your Story Say hello or share your experiences

Old Sat Dec 24, 2016, 07:20 AM

Thumbs up Surgery went very well and smooth as silk

This time around was much easier on me. Perhaps it was because all the nurses and aides were familiar and it felt like I was among friends. Perhaps it was because it was Christmas Eve eve. I was fortunate to have the same Anaesthesiologist. He is a very soft spoken man who loves Classical music. So concerned about his patients that he gives a follow-up call a few days later.

My surgeon only had to remove 1 lymph node. I got back home before nightfall. My neighbor's wife took me in and he picked me up. He stopped and bought me a McDonald's vanilla shake. Wow, was it good, too. I had not been to a McDonald's in over 10 years, I know where I am stopping on my way back from grocery shopping next time around.

My Dr., beautiful woman that she is, had on dangling Christmas Tree earrings and a black, form fitting scrub outfit with embroidered golden boxing gloves with Fight Like a Girl beneath. I didn't see her in the OR but she came to see me prior to the operation. What a beautiful smile she gives out, too.

I feel much better this morning than I did the day after the biopsy. Gives me a positive outlook about this business. At least they tell me I can beat this cancer.

Thanks to all who send me such good advice, and a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

White-Stone
Old Sat Dec 24, 2016, 10:26 AM

So glad to hear this White-Stone!
Merry Christmas!
Sally
Old Sat Dec 24, 2016, 11:39 AM
Owner

Thanks for your report, White-Stone. I'm really glad it went well.

It certainly shows how much difference caring medical professionals make.
Old Sun Dec 25, 2016, 05:39 AM

Really good to know your surgery went well and was a positive experience for you white-Stone.
Dx MDS RAEB 10% blasts + hypogammaglobulinemia, Sep 2011. Jan 2012 BMB - blasts down to 2% w/out treatment so BMT cancelled. Re-diagnosis RCMD. Watch and wait from Feb 2012. IVIg 5-weekly. New diagnosis Oct 2019 AML 23% blasts in marrow, 10% blasts in peripheral blood.
Old Mon Dec 26, 2016, 08:27 AM

Thumbs up Thank you for all the nice messages.

Now, let's get on to 2017 and all it may bring. Good stuff, I hope.
Old Tue Dec 27, 2016, 06:06 AM

Congrats! Yes bring on 2017!
Now 30yr old. Diagnosed AML dec 2015 (Most likely MDS prior). Trisomy 6. Runx1 mutation also. Had induction and consolidation chemo. Marrow failure ++ so SCT on 21st of March with MUD. Married with a 1yr old!