Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > AA
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AA Aplastic anemia

Old Sat Feb 17, 2018, 06:23 PM

Counts Fall Needing Help

I had an ATG treatment of which I responded to within nine months. I had the treatment in late 2012. I responded in 2013. My hemoglobin fell from 11.7 to 10 and my platelets fell from 69 to 36. I have been fighting a cold for five days. My hematologist told me to get a swab right away from my primary at the first sign of the cold to make sure that it wasn't the flu. I saw several doctors. They just sent me home without medicine.
I have been drinking a lot of juice. What should I do? Will my platelets and hemoglobin get better when I recover?
Old Sun Feb 18, 2018, 01:10 AM

Hi,

I have seen similar drops in my platelets and RBCs with a viral infection. Your counts should recover. So try to be calm in the meantime. (I know...easier said than done )

I find the saline sprays helpful to prevent congestion from turning into a bacterial infection. Other than that, just rest and drink lots of fluids.

Be well!