Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Alternative Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Alternative Treatments Complementary and alternative medicine; natural and holistic approaches

Old Mon Apr 7, 2008, 04:04 PM

Nancy KW

Hello, I was diagnosed with MDS in December and have already undergone 4 treatments of Dicidabine along with Platlets and Blood transfusions every month. My counts go as low as 0.4 WBC 7.2RBC and 12 Platlets. I am thinking of seeking additional help through an Alternative Medicine Dr. Has anybody out there done this and if so have you had any positive results. I am 66 years, bone marrow donor doesn't seem to be an option at my age or perhaps someone has approached this regime with favorable luck. Can you please respond with any info you may have. I am a past breast cancer patient who had chemo and radiation in 2004 Thanks
Old Thu Apr 17, 2008, 07:08 PM

Hi Nancy,

I have a private message for you in your PM box here. Hope that helps.

Peter Lim
Peter Lim, Dad to Stan, age 17 at time of dx Feb 2002VSAA; tx. ATG, cyclosporine, predisone; alternative herbal supplm & shark liver oil, off all meds 5/2002 normal blood counts. Only on shark liver oil.
Old Tue Apr 22, 2008, 11:13 AM

Smile

Hi Nancy,
I would be very leary of stopping conventional meds if you have a good uncologist , They have come a long way & it takes time for thing to work.I have added juicing raw vegs . especially dark greens.Don`t know if it will help ,but know it can`t hurt..I eat a very heathy diet & try not to let any thing into my body that will harm it. I Try to value each & every day.
I wish you good heath & Please Keep in touch.
Eileen