Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Transplants
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Transplants Bone marrow and stem cell transplantation

Old Tue Nov 4, 2008, 05:49 PM

Anyone else have Apl M3?

Hi there my name is Vanessa and im from nova scotia, canada, I am 22 years old and I have relapsed on August 11,2008 1 year and 11 months to the day from when I was diagosed.
Currently I am having Arsenic 5 days per week and am getting a bone marrow transplant sometime in January. Just wondering if anyone else on here has the same?
Thanks
Old Thu Nov 6, 2008, 12:11 AM
Owner

Hi Vanessa.

There are patients here at Marrowforums who are considering transplants or who have had a transplant. But since APL (acute promyelocytic leukemia) is a type of AML (acute myeloid leukemia), you're more likely to find information about it at the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society website.

The focus at Marrowforums is on aplastic anemia (AA), myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS), paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), and a few other related bone marrow failure diseases.

Some symptoms and treatments of APL overlap with these diseases, but from what I've read APL is associated with a particular chromosome translocation, unlike these other diseases, and arsenic trioxide (arsenite or Trisenox) is one of the standard APL treatments, where it is only in clinical trials for the treatment of MDS.

Feel free to ask any questions you have for the patients here, and to tell us more about your situation and your upcoming transplant.